My last set of ideas come today for girls aged 10-14. I know I skipped the babies. Maybe after next year I’ll have better ideas for the 2-4 year olds!
Items for Girls 10-14
- Coin purse – not sure – found them randomly on sale at Target $.97 or $1.94. This is an item I seen in all kinds of places. Always worth checking the girls accessories section at any kind of store.
- Samples I got in the mail of makeup and tampons
- Christmas scarf – after Christmas sale at Dollar Tree so $.50 each
- Jewelry – dollar tree, random clearance items throughout year or after holidays. If its a necklace or bracelet and ring that go together, i try to put them in a snack size ziploc together. This just keeps the strings from getting tangled. (no one wants their tinsel in a tangle!)
- Thread – bought extra for a project – didn’t want to store and it was still wrapped in the packaging. This is not a place to get rid of things you want to donate. These are gifts so make sure its in new packaging.
- Gloves, ear muffs, leg warmers – not going to lie some of these came from stocking gifts last year…I get new ones each year and its not that cold where I am so I haven’t even taken tags off last year! Also end of winter sales, they get cheap! Its hard to think about these items when you picture places like Africa or Mexico, but the gifts also go to Russia or other colder climates. And, in Africa, they get cold at 75 …so they wear mittens too.
- Eye masks, sewing kits, travel kits – all came from travel on airplanes and hotels
- Earrings, bracelets and rings as stated above – just after holiday sales year round
- Chapstick/lip gloss – got cards of these – originally $3 for 6, ½ price after Christmas. Don’t worry about brands and they love the flavored stuff!
- Playing cards – got mine as ½ off stocking stuffers after Christmas they are 2 packs for $1 year round at Dollar Tree
- Toothbrush – 6 for $1 at Dollar Tree
- Pencils and pens – gathered after each holiday. 10-12 for $.50 or less
I do kinda have this thing. If I give them toothbrushes, then I want to give them travel toothpaste…but i think that is now forbidden because of customs. What is not is a pencil sharpener. If you do not have pencil sharpeners is your boxes, make sure you take the time to sharpen the pencils the first time. Can you smell it now…the scent of a freshly sharpened pencil……