As promised, this week I want to share some ideas of things I collected throughout the year to put in my Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes.
Today, we tackle the 10-14 year old boy box. I have no idea which group gets the least number of boxes, but I would assume this one might come close. So, this year I tried to do a little more thinking of boy gifts and came up with some cool stuff.
I’ll share the items I found and what my deals were involved with each one!
Ideas in the 10-14 year old BOY box:
- 1 subject spiral notebooks – bought at back to school time for $.25 each
- T-shirts – cleaned out some of my KCD supplies this summer and had a tub of shirts with tags still on them. Each boy got a new AR Razorbacks tshirt – free to me because I bought them 5 years ago. But, even when I purchased them they were $3 at Walgreens at an end of season sale
- Christmas ties – bought at 50% or 75% off at my local Dollar tree last year. $.50 each
- Paddle ball toys – $.48 – bought after Christmas at Walmart in the stocking stuffers section
- Mardi gras necklaces x2 – bright colors. Bought 2 for $.50 after new years sale at my local Dollar Tree
- Bar of soap – purchased 3 for $1 at the Dollar tree – put bar of soap in a snack size bag, this keeps everything in the box from being covered with soap
- 1 wash rag – purchased 3 for $1 at Dollar Tree or 18 for $2.47 at Walmart – they love colors if you can find them. This is useful in many ways for them.
- small box each of stickers, tattoos, and box of mini puzzle – 18 mini boxes $1.97 – 50% off after Christmas
- 1 pen – part of a 10 pk for less than $1 at back to school
- 2 pencils – every holiday you can find 10-12 pk at Walmart for $.97 (and half off) or Dollar Tree and Target similar pricing
- Mini notepads – part of Christmas stocking half off – I think 8-10 for ½ off $.97 or $1.97
- Buttons – found a great deal one day on my Walmart Clearance aisle – cards of buttons for $.25 all mixed colors
- Applique iron on letters – $.02 Walmart clearance aisle
- Glue sticks – $.25 each back to school sale
- Binder clips – came in my stocking that my mom got as teacher appreciation from Staples
- Puffy motivation stickers – $.10 for 2 sheets (reg $2.99 for 2 sheets) at the Dayspring Outlet store in Siloam Springs
That’s what I included this year. What did I miss? What other things could I keep my eye out for next year?