This month, we’ve read the statistics and I’ve even shared my space with one of the warriors who lives bravely beyond the surprise of this dreaded disease. But, what can we do?
Let’s just keep it simple:
- Pay attention to the signs. Dont be hard headed and try to blame all the obvious things on a million other things that it “might be”
- Check out your risk with this Heart Attack Risk Assessment.
- Keep it local – fight the fight in your back yard. Northwest Arkansas Heart Walk is on April 16, when is the one in your area?
- Let’s eat healthier…and teach the next generation to live healthier lives.
- Support Jump Rope for Heart. Those kids love earning prizes, they get amazing exercise and they learn how to take care of their bodies. I bet a kid in your neighborhood could use the support! Or, here’s my favorite kiddo to give to!
|heather kleber photography|
My heart is full these days. That boy of mine is keeping me floating, but you know as I enter my mid 30s, I’m realizing its time for me to take care of me. And, if I’m going to stay around to keep floating with him, I’ve got to pay attention to the signs, the genetics, and start living healthier now…and that includes all the spinning plates that keep me emotionally healthy as well.
Let’s commit together. Its long past resolution time and picking that one little word to focus your year. Let’s just try the little everyday things that we sometimes mess up, but get to start fresh with every day.
I’m looking forward to slowing down this spring. Taking in and making new memories this summer. And, letting 2016 be full of life…lots and love of life filled moments!
This post is part of the #NWArkCares series by the
Northwest Arkansas Bloggers group. To view other posts, visit the Northwest
Arkansas Bloggers Pinterest Board or follow #NWArkCares through social media.