She is the cutest little pint of energy. This woman leaves a wake of joy wherever she goes. She is joy. She is energy. She is giving. And, she is not afraid to share all of herself with those she is around. I love when I walk into an event and see her smile. She knows who she is, what she has to give and can teach us all a lesson about being a great mom and keeping all her priorities in check and embracing life as it rolls your way.
My gal Shannon – yes, the Mom Prom one who halls around the hottest guys in the back seat of her car!
- What have you OVERCOME? Fear. Of commitment (so maybe I shouldn’t get married?), of not being a good mother (so maybe I shouldn’t have a baby?), of starting my own business (so maybe I shouldn’t start a business?), of being myself (so maybe I shouldn’t share parts of me that people might not like?).
- What was your turning point?
I married an amazing man (he’s just right for me). I gave birth to a
baby girl who is about to turn 13. I started nwaMotherlode.com. I turned
40. In other words, I was fearful about so many of the things that I felt led
to do but did them anyway. And I’m so, so glad I did. (Now the 40 part just
happened whether I liked it or not).
- 5 word life mantra
– “Put on your big girl pants.” (Sorry, that’s six words)
- Quote you live by
– “Scream and leap.” – My husband. “I love you, mom” – My daughter. “Just
ask. What are they gonna do, take away your birthday?” – My business partner.
“Be still and know that I am God.” God via the Bible.
Mom Prom! – www.nwaMomProm.com