Greg Pierce – he’s a rocker, a technical guru and a Survivor (and Website Moderator at What’sNext a website that provides answers for cancer survivors). Greg is a multi-time cancer survivor. He literally punched cancer I the throat. (that may be a joke only he can appreciate) I met Greg through the American Cancer Society’s Heroes of Hope program. He is amazing. He fights every day. He uses his voice every way he can and he is fearless when it comes to telling the story of his personal journey with cancer and getting others involved in the fight. Love this warrior!
- What have you OVERCOME? Adversity
- What was your turning point? My turning point was when I finally got to meet my oncologist at Vanderbilt after having to wait 2 months to get in to see him. This was my third diagnosis, and I had already been told 18 years earlier that if it came back a third time, it would be “difficult to control”. I spent those two months on the internet (I know, bad idea) and I had looked up all the numbers, statistics and reports for surviving head and neck cancer. It didn’t look good, I wrote myself off. That is until I met the oncologist and the team at Vanderbilt, their words were “this is nothing, we got this”. “We do this everyday”, immediately I went from defeated to fighting mode. This was my turning point.
- 5 word life mantra
– Cancer Will Not Get Me
- Quote you live by
– Stay positive, because what the mind of man can concieve and believe, it can achieve. ~several people, Zig Ziglar, Henry Ford~
Connect with Greg:
- Join our site at WhatNext – Get firsthand insights to cancer treatments
- follow our FB feed WhatNext.com
- Twitter WhatNext.com (WhatNext_Cancer) |
- Personal email email@example.com
- Personal FB – https://www.facebook.com/gregp.whatnext
- Instagram whatnext_cancer on Instagram
- Pinterest whatnext_cancer on Instagram