I loved April’s response when I asked her to do this. “You know all my secrets.” She is right. What she left out, was that she knows all mine, too. And, in light of that, we are still friends, but its not the only reason. April was one of my roommates in college and I love that even a month ago, 5 of us from college got together. We laughed. We cried. The years, the marriages, the motherhoods, the life, the loss, the diagnosis, the new jobs, the moves, the change in course. We’ve experienced them all. This friend is teaching me much about investing in simple moments with her sweet girls. She is a giver, an investor, a fantastic mom and an even better friend.
I give you my friend, April!
- What have you OVERCOME? Insecurity
- What was your turning point? I don’t know if I could say I’ve had a “turning point”. It continues to be such a journey of grace. Every time I feel that I’ve conquered it in one area of my life, it pops up again in another area. I moved past the insecurities of fitting in and I was proud until I realized I was letting insecurity creep into my mothering. God uses it all to draw me closer to him and increase my awareness of just how desperately I need him. In that sense, my “turning point” is continual – I’m always overcoming it through Christ as He continues to redeem me.
- 5 word life mantra
– What does God need from me today? (yes, its more than 5 words!)
- Quote you live by
– This changes all the time. Seriously, every few weeks. Right now, though: 2 Corinthians 9:8, “And God is able to make all grace about toward you, that you, always having a sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.”
Connect with April:
- Website – www.insideoasis.com
- Twitter- @aprilwingfield
- Facebook- April Wingfield